Monday, October 08, 2007

Who will cry when I die :)

Was just browsing through the Net that I came across this book; must say pretty interesting title. Now when I was sitting in my house generally getting ready to sleep, this topic came to my mind: What if I die now; what if this is my last night; what if my life were to end in my sleep tonight; who would in all certainties cry for me; cry not because that’s the best thing to do; cry not because it would look un-cool to remain stoic and happy; cry because they would really miss me, at least for some time in their respective lives. Just taking this thought further, I start counting and what amazes me is that beyond my family, I can’t even think of more than 5 names who would I am sure genuinely miss me in their lives, for some time though; of course I am not counting the many condolence messages, “oops I am so sorry, what an young age to die etc” shit that will come pouring in. This makes me think, what an irony; in all these years just 5 damn names. What the hell have I done in my life? What have I achieved? Think about it; Kurt Cobain was already dead at my age; and what the hell have I done? When I am thinking about all this, I am also realizing that our lives actually are damn futile; we wake up, slog out, come back, rest our asses on the couch, watch something stupid on TV and hit the bed again; add a gathering here and there and that’s life. Seriously if I think about it, we all, IIM graduates, supposedly among the brightest of the lot lead such a dull and meaningless life; a life full of material pursuits and literally nothing less; having left no damn mark or our footprints on this world. I also want to state that I don’t want to say that all these material stuff and all is not important but tonight (at 3AM) when I am writing all this, I cant help but think that we live such an ordinary life; how else would u describe a life being remembered dil se with only five people. Only five damn people.

No comments: